Jump to Main Content
Climate Indicators for Agriculture
- Walsh, Margaret, Backlund, Peter, Buja, Lawrence, DeGaetano, Arthur, Melnick, Rachel, Prokopy, Linda, Takle, Eugene, Todey, Dennis, and Ziska, Lewis
- USDA technical bulletin 1953 2020
- The Climate Indicators for Agriculture report presents 20 indicators of climate change, carefully selected across multiple agricultural production types and food system elements in the United States. Together, they represent an overall view of how climate change is influencing U.S. agriculture and food systems. Individually, they provide useful information to support management decisions for a variety of crop and livestock production systems. The report includes multiple categories of indicators, including physical indicators (e.g., temperature, precipitation), crop and livestock (e.g., animal heat stress), biological indicators (e.g., pests), phenological indicators (e.g. seasonality), and socioeconomic indicators (e.g., total factor productivity).
- 1 online resource (iv, 70 pages)
- United States. Department of Agriculture. Climate Change Program Office
- USDA publications