Jump to Main Content
PUBLIC BILLS AND RESOLUTIONS: Introduction in the House of H.R. 4941: Keep Our Pets Safe Act of 2018
- Tom Marino, United States Government Publishing Office, United States, Congress, House of Representatives, and Committee on Agriculture
- Animal welfare--Laws and legislation
- This bill amends the Animal Welfare Act to prohibit a person from knowingly confining a common household pet in an enclosed space if the confinement could harm or kill the pet through exposure to excessive heat or cold, lack of ventilation, or lack of water. A common household pet is a domesticated animal (e.g., dog, cat, bird, rodent, rabbit, fish, or turtle) that is traditionally kept in the home for pleasure rather than for commercial purposes. The bill specifies the applicable criminal penalty—a prison term of up to one year, a fine, or both—for a person who violates this prohibition.
- 2 p.
- United States Government Publishing Office
- Animal Welfare Act History Digital Collection
- Permanent URL: