Jump to Main Content
Commodity cooking for good health
- United States Food and Nutrition Service.
- Cooking, Surplus agricultural commodities -- United States, and Low-fat diet -- Recipes
- This collection of recipes was gathered especially for people who receive commodity foods from the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations. The recipes were analyzed to determine conformance with the Dietary Guidelines, and were taste-tested and evaluated for ease of preparation and flavor. In addition to the recipes, the book provides information on the food guide pyramid, how to use the daily food guide, how USDA commodities fit the USDA food guide pyramid, and how to reduce fat and calories in commodity choices.
- 1 online resource (35 pages : illustrations)
- U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service
- Historical Dietary Guidance Digital Collection