Jump to Main Content
Proposed Standards and regulations for the Humane Handling, Care, Treatment, and Transportation of Marine Mammals : [9 CFR Parts 1, 3]
- United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Federal Register 1977 v. 42 no. 161
- This document proposes regulations and standards under the Animal Welfare Act to remove marine mammals from the list of exempt species of warmblooded animals and to bring them under the jurisdiction and protection of the Animal Welfare Act. The Marine Mammal Commission has recommended that the Secretary of Agriculture adopt certain standards under the Animal Welfare Act to govern the humane handling, care, treatment, and transportation of marine mammals. This Department has evaluated the recommendations and data supplied in support thereof and has used such recommendations and data as a basis for proposing the following amendments to the regulations and standards under the Animal Welfare Act to; govern the humane handling, care, treatment, and transportation of marine mammals.
- Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration
- Animal Welfare Act History Digital Collection