Jump to Main Content
Proposed Regulations and Standards for the Humane Handling, Care, Treatment and Transportation; Informal Public Hearing : [9 CFR Parts 1, 3]
- United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Federal Register 1977 v. 42 no. 177
- On August 19, 1977, the Deputy Administrator, Veterinary Services, APHIS, published in the FEDERAL REGISTER proposed rulemaking under the authorities of the Animal Welfare Act (7 U.S.C. 2131) to provide for the humane handling, care, treatment, and transportation of marine mammals maintained in captivity. The notice gave all interested persons a period of 60 days for the filing of written comments concerning the proposed regulations and standards. Informal public hearings will be held to give interested persons a further opportunity to participate in the rulemaking proceeding through the submission of written comments with an opportunity for oral presentation.
- Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration
- Animal Welfare Act History Digital Collection