Jump to Main Content
Proposed Standards and regulations for the Humane Handling, Care, Treatment, and Transportation of Marine Mammals : [9 CFR Parts 1 and 3)
- United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Federal Register 1978 v. 43 no. 182
- This document proposes regulations and standard~ under the Animal Welfare Act which would remove warm blooded aquatic animals or marine mammals front the list of species of warm blooded animals exempted by regulation and would bring them under the jurisdiction and protection of the Animal Welfare Act. The Marine Mammal Commission has recommended that the Secretary of Agriculture adopt certain standards under the Animal Welfare. Act lo govern the humane handling, care, treatment, and transportation of marine mammals. Regulations and standards were first proposed and published in the FEDERAL REGISTER on August 19, 1977. Comments and recommendations were received from the public and the Marine Mammal Commission. This Department has evaluated the comments and recommendations and has decided to modify the proposal of August 19, 1977, and to republish it as a proposed amendment to the regulations and standards under the Animal Welfare Act to govern the humane handling, care, treatment, and transportation of marine mammals.
- Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration
- Animal Welfare Act History Digital Collection