Jump to Main Content
Revision of Standards for Transportation, and the Handling, Care and Treatment in Connection Therewith of Dogs, Cats, Rabbits, Hamsters, Guinea Pigs, Nonhuman Primates, and Certain Other Warmblooded Animals : Part 3 - Standards
- United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Federal Register 1978 v. 43 no. 95
- This document amends the transportation standards governing certain live warm blooded animals under the Animal Welfare Act, published in the FEDERAL REGISTER on June 21. 1977 (42 FR 31556-315711. The amendments concern compliance with standards for primary enclosures used to transport certain animals in commerce by carriers and intermediate handlers, the optional use of certificates of animal acclimation to temperature extremes, the use of primary enclosures with ventilation openings on three walls for transporting dogs and cats, and the standards for the animal holding area of terminal facilities. The revision:, contained herein are the result of various petitions for reconsideration received by the Department after publication of the transportation standards in the FEDERAL. REGISTER on June 21, 1977, which made new facts and evidence available to the Department which appeared to warrant this action.
- Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration
- Animal Welfare Act History Digital Collection