Jump to Main Content
Marine Mammals; Humane Handling, Care, Treatment, and Transportation : 9 CFR Parts 1 and 3
- United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Federal Register 1979 v. 44 no. 122
- This document sets forth regulations and standards under the Animal Welfare Act to govern the humane handling, care, treatment, and transportation of warm blooded aquatic animals or marine mammals. Such regulations and standards were proposed and published in the Federal Register on September 19, 1978. The public comment period ended November 20, 1978. Comments and' recommendations were received from the public, interested industry groups and the Marine Mammal Commission. This Department has evaluated the comments and recommendations and has prepared the regulations and standards which appear herein as final rulemaking.
- Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration
- Animal Welfare Act History Digital Collection