Jump to Main Content
Animal Welfare; Standards : 9 CFR Part 3
- United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Federal Register 1990 v. 55 no. 63
- On March 15. 1989, we published in the Federal Register a document entitled "Animal Welfare: Standards,” in which we proposed to amend the regulations governing the standards for the humane handling, care, treatment and transportation of dog and cats (subpart A), guinea pigs and hamsters (subpart B), rabbits (subpart C), and nonhuman primates (subpart D). We invited comments from the public on the proposed amendments. Included among the recommendations we received were those submitted by the Department of Health and Human Services. Of the comments received, the large majority concerned either dogs and cats or nonhuman primates. In order to incorporate into our rulemaking and allow public comment on revisions we feel are warranted regarding our proposal. We intend to publish a reproposal regarding subparts A and D. We intend to address the comments regarding subparts B and C in a separate final rule.
- Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration
- Animal Welfare Act History Digital Collection