Jump to Main Content
Animal Welfare; Perimeter Fence Requirements : 9 CFR Part 3
- United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Federal Register 1999 v. 64 no. 200
- We are amending the Animal Welfare regulations to require that a perimeter fence be placed around outdoor housing facilities for marine mammals and certain other regulated animals. Although it has been our policy that such fences should be in place around outdoor housing facilities for such animals, there have been no provisions in the regulations specifically requiring their use. Adding the perimeter fence requirement to the regulations for these additional categories of animals will serve to protect the safety of the animals and provide for their well-being.
- Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration
- Animal Welfare Act History Digital Collection