Jump to Main Content
Animal Welfare; Farm Animals Used for Nonagricultural Purposes
- United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Federal Register 2000 v. 65 no. 23
- : We are adopting two guides: The ‘‘Guide for the Care and Use of Agricultural Animals in Agricultural Research and Teaching,’’ published by the Federation of Animal Science Societies, and the ‘‘Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals,’’ published by the Institute of Laboratory Animal Resources. We are adopting these guides to assist regulated entities in meeting the standards in the regulations as they apply to the handling, care, treatment, and transportation of farm animals used for nonagricultural purposes (primarily research and exhibition). The recommendations in these guides represent the most current thinking on appropriate practices for the handling, care, treatment, and transportation of farm animals for nonagricultural purposes.
- Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration
- Animal Welfare Act History Digital Collection