Jump to Main Content
Field Study; Definition : 9 CFR Part 1
- United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Federal Register 2000 v. 65 no. 27
- We are amending the Animal Welfare regulations by clarifying the definition of the term field study. We will clarify that a field study cannot involve an invasive procedure, harm the animals under study, or materially alter the behavior of the animals under study. As worded prior to this final rule, the definition of field study could be interpreted to mean that a field study may include one of these situations. This action will help ensure the proper use and care of animals used in field studies.
- Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration
- Animal Welfare Act History Digital Collection