Jump to Main Content
Animal Welfare; Confiscation of Animals : 9 CFR Part 2
- United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Federal Register 2001 v. 66 no. 2
- We are amending the Animal Welfare Act regulations to allow us to place animals confiscated from situations detrimental to the animals’ health and well-being with a person or facility that is not licensed by or registered with the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, Department of Agriculture, if the person or facility can offer a level of care equal to or exceeding that required by the regulations. The change will facilitate the relocation of confiscated animals and minimize the amount of time neglected, sick, or injured animals stay in unhealthy situations.
- Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration
- Animal Welfare Act History Digital Collection