Jump to Main Content
Humane Handling, Care, Treatment and Transportation of Marine Mammals; Proposed Regulations and Standards : 9 CFR 1, 3
- United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Federal Register 1977 v. 42 no. 192
- :On August 19, 1977, the Deputy Administrator, Veterinary Services, APHIS, published in the FEDERAL REGISTER proposed rulemaking under the authorities of the Animal Welfare Act (7 U.S.C. 2131) to provide for the humane handling, care; treatment, and transportation of marine mammals maintained in captivity. The notice gave all interested persons a period of 60 days for the filing of written comments concerning the proposed regulations and standards. On September 13. 1977, a notice concerning public hearings to be held in Los Angeles. Calif., and Miami Springs, Fla., on September 26 and 29, 1977, respectively, was published in the PEDERILL REGISTER to further allow interested persons an opportunity to participate in this rulemaking proceeding. This document announces another Informal public hearing to be held in College Park. Md., to give interested persons a further opportunity to participate in this rulemaking proceeding through the submission of written comments with an opportunity for oral presentation.
- Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration
- Animal Welfare Act History Digital Collection