Jump to Main Content
Animal Welfare; Medical Records : 9 CFR Part 2
- United Stated Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Federal Register 2003 v. 68 no. 70
- We are proposing to amend the Animal Welfare Act regulations to require that research facilities, dealers, and exhibitors maintain medical records as part of their program of adequate veterinary care. We believe research facilities, dealers, and exhibitors should maintain medical records as a means of communication concerning the care being provided to animals and to ensure that animals receive adequate veterinary care. In addition, these records would provide a basis for the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service to better assess the veterinary care programs of research facilities, dealers, and exhibitors.
- Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration
- Animal Welfare Act History Digital Collection