Jump to Main Content
Animal Welfare; Standards for Ferrets : 9 CFR Part 3
- United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Serivce
- Federal Register 2005 v. 70 no. 150
- We are notifying the public that the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service has received a petition requesting that specific standards be promulgated for the humane handling, care, treatment, and transportation of domestic ferrets. We are soliciting comments from the public regarding the petition, and whether we should continue to regulate the handling, care, treatment, and transportation of ferrets covered by the Animal Welfare Act under the general standards in the regulations, or promulgate specific standards for ferrets. We are also requesting comments regarding what should be included in any such standards.
- Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration
- Animal Welfare Act History Digital Collection