Jump to Main Content
Shift Cage Requirements : 9 CFR Part 2
- United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Federal Register 2006 v. 71 no. 82
- We are proposing to amend the Animal Welfare Act regulations concerning the handling of animals to require that shift cages be used for handling certain species. One of the largest risk factors for animal escape and employee and animal injury occurs when it is necessary to move, or shift, certain animals between enclosures. Requiring shift cages for certain species would mitigate the risk of injuries to people and animals as well as ensure safe transport of animals between enclosures and exhibits.
- Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration
- Animal Welfare Act History Digital Collection