Jump to Main Content
Handling of Animals; Contingency Plans : 9 CFR Part 2
- United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Federal Register 2008 v. 73 no. 206
- We are proposing to amend the Animal Welfare Act regulations to add requirements for contingency planning and training of personnel by research facilities and by dealers, exhibitors, intermediate handlers, and carriers. We are proposing these requirements because we believe all licensees and registrants should develop a contingency plan for all animals regulated under the Animal Welfare Act in an effort to better prepare for potential disasters. This action would heighten the awareness of licensees and registrants regarding their responsibilities and help ensure a timely and appropriate response should an emergency or disaster occur.
- Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration
- Animal Welfare Act History Digital Collection