Jump to Main Content
Petition To Amend Animal Welfare Act Regulations To Prohibit Public Contact With Big Cats, Bears, and Nonhuman Primates : 9 CFR Parts 2 and 3
- United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Federal Register 2013 v. 78 no. 206
- We are reopening the comment period for a petition requesting amendments to the Animal Welfare Act regulations and standards, including to prohibit licensees from allowing individuals, with certain exceptions, from coming into direct or physical contact with big cats, bears, or nonhuman primates of any age, to define the term ‘‘sufficient distance,’’ and to prohibit the public handling of young or immature big cats, bears, and nonhuman primates and the separation of such animals from their dams before the species-typical age of weaning absent medical necessity. This action will allow interested persons additional time to prepare and submit comments.
- Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration
- Animal Welfare Act History Digital Collection