Jump to Main Content
Petition To Promulgate Standards for Bears Under the Animal Welfare Act Regulations : 9 CFR Part 3
- United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Federal Register 2013 v. 78 no. 228
- We are notifying the public that the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service has received a petition requesting that we amend the Animal Welfare Act regulations to add specific standards for the humane handling, care, treatment, and transportation of all species of bears held in captivity except polar bears, for which there are already standards. We are making this petition available to the public and soliciting comments regarding the petition and any issues raised by the petition that we should take into account as we consider this petition.
- Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration
- Animal Welfare Act History Digital Collection