Jump to Main Content
Petition To Define Alternatives to Procedures That May Cause Pain or Distress and To Establish Standards Regarding Consideration of These Alternatives : 9 CFR Parts 1 and 2
- United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Federal Register 2015 v. 80 no. 60
- We are notifying the public that the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service has received a petition requesting that we amend the Animal Welfare Act (AWA) regulations to define the term alternatives, clarify the existing definition of painful procedure, and establish standards governing the consideration of such alternatives at research facilities that are registered under the AWA regulations. We are making this petition available to the public and soliciting comments regarding the petition and any issues raised by the petition that we should take into account as we consider this petition.
- Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration
- Animal Welfare Act History Digital Collection