Jump to Main Content
Animal Welfare; Marine Mammals : 9 CFR Parts 1 and 3
- United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Federal Register 2016 v. 81 no. 22
- We are proposing to amend the Animal Welfare Act regulations concerning the humane handling, care, treatment, and transportation of marine mammals in captivity. These proposed changes would affect sections in the regulations relating to variances and implementation dates, indoor facilities, outdoor facilities, space requirements, and water quality. We are also proposing to revise the regulations that relate to swim-with-the-dolphin programs. We believe these actions are necessary to ensure that the minimum standards for the humane handling, care, treatment, and transportation of marine mammals in captivity are based on current industry and scientific knowledge and experience.
- Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration
- Animal Welfare Act History Digital Collection