Jump to Main Content
Characteristics of food stamp households : summer 1988
- United States Food and Nutrition Service. Office of Analysis and Evaluation.
- Food stamps -- United States -- Statistics
- Abstract: Presents the results of the most recent survey of about 11,000 participating food stamp households in United States. It describes the economic and demographic circumstances of the households in the summer of 1988 and examines changes in these circumstances since summer 1987. The results show that the average monthly gross income increased by $7, that the percentage of households with gross income below half the poverty line fell by 2 percent, that the average value of total deductions increased and average net income increased, and that the average monthly food stamp benefit increased by $7 per household.
- v, 125 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service, Office of Analysis and Evaluation
- USDA publications