Jump to Main Content
Synthesis of case study findings in the WIC program
- Nutt-Powell, Bonnie R., United States Food and Nutrition Service., and Abt Associates
- Special Supplemental Food Program for Women, Infants, and Children (U.S.) and cost analysis
- Abstract: This final report of a study of the management of WIC funds for nutrition and program administration summarizes and compares sixteen case studies of local WIC operations. The WIC program provides supplemental food, nutrition education, and access to health services to low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and postpartum women, infants, and children (up to age five) who are at nutritional risk. The intent of this study was to identify factors that affect local level expenditures of WIC administrative resources. The costs involved in such WIC functions as certification/recertification, nutrition education, food delivery, outreach, vendor management and general administration are discussed.
- vi, 73 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Office of Analysis and Evaluation, Food and Nutrition Service, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture
- USDA publications