Jump to Main Content
Characteristics of food stamp households : summer 1990
- Heiser, Nancy., United States Food and Nutrition Service., United States Food and Nutrition Service. Office of Analysis and Evaluation., and Mathematica Policy Research, inc
- Food stamps -- United States -- Statistics and Food relief -- United States -- Statistics
- Presents the results of the most recent survey of participating food stamp households in the United States. Results show that in summer 1990 the FSP provided benefits to an average of 20.4 million persons living in 8 million households across the United States. The total cost for the program over fiscal year 1990 was $15.5 billion, and the average monthly food stamp benefit per household was $148. In summer 1990 the majority of households served by the FSP contained children or elderly or disabled persons. 92 percent of the FSP households lived below the official federal government poverty line.
- x, 159 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service, Office of Analysis and Evaluation
- USDA publications