Jump to Main Content
The savings in Medicaid costs for newborns and their mothers from prenatal participation in the WIC program : description of state programs
- Bilheimer, Linda T., United States Food and Nutrition Service. Office of Analysis and Evaluation., and Mathematica Policy Research, inc
- Special Supplemental Food Program for Women, Infants, and Children (U.S.)., Infants (Newborn) -- United States -- Nutrition, Medical care -- United States -- Cost control, and Medicaid -- Cost control
- This study provides a brief overview of the project and the basic study design. It describes database construction, development and estimation of an analytic model of Medicaid and indigent care costs, and the study findings have been generalized to a national context for five states: Minnesota, North Carolina, South Crolina, Florida and Texas.
- xv, 74 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service, Office of Analysis and Evaluation
- USDA publications