Jump to Main Content
Determinants of participation in the food stamp program : a review of the literature
- Allin, Susan., Beebout, Harold., Mathematica Policy Research, inc, and United States Food and Nutrition Service. Office of Analysis and Evaluation.
- Current perspectives on food stamp program participation 1989
- Food stamps -- United States
- This report reviews the literature on nonparticipation in the food stamp program, focusing on several specific questions: what are the principal reasons eligible persons or households do not participate; how do participation rates vary across different types of households and what are the reasons; and on what basis do eligible households make their decisions regarding participation and how might changes in the program structure influence those decisions?
- xii, 62 p. ; 28 cm.
- United States Dept. of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service, Office of Analysis and Evaluation
- USDA publications