Jump to Main Content
WIC vendor management systems and practices
- Christovich, Leslie. and Professional Management Associates
- Special Supplemental Food Program for Women, Infants, and Children -- Management, Public contracts, Food industry and trade -- Management, and Government purchasing -- United States
- Abstract: Purpose of this study is to provide a comprehensive description of the vendor management systems used in WIC state agencies. The study is limited to the 49 state WIC agencies that distribute WIC supplemental foods by retail purchase. The data collected covered FY 1987. The four major areas of findings were in the characteristics of WIC state agency basic operations and representative monitoring activities, procedures for prevention, detection, and correction of vendor fraud and serious forms of abuse, factors that affect state vendor fraud and abuse control activities, and vendor management staffing and costs.
- 1 v. (various pagings) ; 28 cm.
- U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service, Office of Analysis and Evaluation
- USDA publications