Jump to Main Content
WIC income verification study : final report
- United States, Food and Nutrition Service., and Office of Analysis and Evaluation.
- Income accounting, Income, and Regional disparities
- Abstract: Examines the incidence and magnitude of certification error by conducting independent in-home audits on a national sample of program participants in late 1988. The income-eligibility determination process is modeled for each state, and data from the audit are compared to case-file-derived income and family-size data. Principle findings reveal a national WIC certification case error and dollar error rate of 5.7 and 5.8 percent respectively. This equals $84 million spent on ineligibles out of a total of about $1.5 billion in FY88.
- 1 v. (various pagings) : ill., map, forms ; 28 cm.
- U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service, Office of Analysis and Evaluation
- USDA publications
- Permanent URL: