Jump to Main Content
A baseline assessment of the ecological resources of Jobos Bay, Puerto Rico
- Whitall, David R.,, National Centers for Coastal Ocean Science (U.S.), and Center for Coastal Monitoring and Assessment (U.S.) Biogeography Branch.
- Baseline assessment of the ecological resources of Jobos Bay, Puerto Rico 2011
- Marine resources -- Puerto Rico -- Jobos Bay -- Management, Coral reefs and islands -- Puerto Rico -- Jobos Bay -- Maps, Benthos -- Habitat -- Puerto Rico -- Jobos Bay -- Maps, Benthos -- Conservation -- Puerto Rico -- Jobos Bay -- Maps, Coral reef conservation -- Puerto Rico -- Jobos Bay -- Maps, Habitat (Ecology) -- Research -- Puerto Rico -- Jobos Bay -- Maps, Watershed restoration -- Puerto Rico -- Jobos Bay -- Maps, marine science, coral reefs, benthic organisms, habitat conservation, watershed management, and Puerto Rico
- "This report is organized into six chapters that represent a suite of interrelated studies. Chapter 1 provides a short introduction to Jobos Bay, including the land use and hydrology of the watershed. Chapter 2 is focused on benthic mapping and provides the methods and results of newly created benthic maps for Jobos Bay and the surrounding coral reef ecosystem. Chapter 3 presents the results of new surveys of fish, marine debris, and reef communities of the system. Chapter 4 is focused on the distribution of chemical contaminants in sediments within the Bay and corals outside of the Bay. Chapter 5 focuses on quantifying nutrient and pesticide concentrations in the surface waters at the Reserve's System-Wide Monitoring Program (SWMP) sites. Chapter 6 is a brief summary discussion that highlights key findings of the entire suite of studies"--Executive summary.
- U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Ocean Service, [National Centers for Coastal Ocean Science
- USDA publications