Jump to Main Content
Animal Welfare; Petition for Rulemaking. Proposed Rules
- United States Government Publishing Office and United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Federal Register 1999 v. 64 no. 42
- We are extending the comment period for our notice of a petition for rulemaking received by the Secretary of Agriculture. The petition, sponsored by several petitioners, requests that the Secretary amend the definition of ``animal'' in the Animal Welfare Act regulations to remove the current exclusion of rats and mice bred for use in research and birds and ``grant such other relief as the Secretary deems just and proper.'' This extension will provide interested persons with additional time to prepare and submit comments on the petition.
- 1 p.
- Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration
- Animal Welfare Act History Digital Collection