Jump to Main Content
Animal Welfare; Draft Policy on Environment Enhancement for Nonhuman Primates. Proposed Rules
- United States Government Publishing Office and United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Federal Register 1999 v. 64 no. 135
- Under the Animal Welfare Act, our regulations require that dealers, exhibitors, and research facilities that maintain nonhuman primates develop and follow a plan for environment enhancement adequate to promote the psychological well-being of the nonhuman primates. We have developed a draft policy to clarify what we believe must be considered and included in the plan in order for dealers, exhibitors, and research facilities to adequately promote the psychological well- being of nonhuman primates. We are seeking public comment on the draft policy before we implement it.
- 6 p.
- Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration
- Animal Welfare Act History Digital Collection