Jump to Main Content
Field Study; Definition. Proposed Rules
- United States Government Publishing Office and United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Federal Register 1998 v. 63 no. 147
- We are proposing to amend the Animal Welfare regulations by clarifying the definition of the term field study. We want to clarify that a field study cannot involve an invasive procedure, harm the animals under study, or materially alter the behavior of the animals under study. As currently worded, the definition of field study could be interpreted to mean that a field study may include one of these situations. This action would help ensure the proper use and care of animals used in field studies.
- 2 p.
- Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration
- Animal Welfare Act History Digital Collection