Jump to Main Content
Animal Welfare; Primary Enclosures for Dogs and Cats. Rules and Regulations
- United States Government Publishing Office and United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Federal Register 1998 v. 63 no. 133
- We are amending the regulations under the Animal Welfare Act pertaining to primary enclosures for dogs and cats by removing the requirement that primary enclosures with flooring made of mesh or slatted construction include a solid resting surface. This requirement was erroneously added in a recent final rule that amended the requirements for primary enclosures for dogs and cats to prohibit bare wire flooring in such enclosures. However, we do not believe that it is necessary for primary enclosures with acceptable flooring of mesh or slatted construction to include a solid resting surface. Therefore, this action relieves an unnecessary and unintended requirement.
- 3 p.
- Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration
- Animal Welfare Act History Digital Collection