Jump to Main Content
Food stamp program participation rates, January 1992
- Trippe, Carole., Sykes, Julie., United States Food and Nutrition Service. Office of Analysis and Evaluation., and Mathematica Policy Research, Inc
- Current perspectives on food stamp program participation 1994
- Food stamps -- United States, low income households, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, and United States
- This report presents the January 1992 Food Stamp Program participation rates. The participation rate measures the proportion of those eligible for food stamps who actually apply for and receive food stamps. The intended population and provides information on which groups of the eligible population participate at higher or lower rates than other groups. Also, a comparison of rates over time can identify trends in participation rates. In January 1992, the FSP provided benefits to 74 percent, or 24 million, of the 33 million persons eligible for benefits.
- U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service, Office of Analysis and Evaluation
- USDA publications