Jump to Main Content
Food stamp program participation rates, January 1994
- Stavrianos, Michael., United States Department of Agriculture. Food and Consumer Service. Office of Analysis and Evaluation., and Mathematica Policy Research, Inc
- Current perspectives on food stamp program participation 1997
- Food stamps -- United States, low income households, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, and United States
- This is the latest in a series on Food Stamp Program participation issues. The report shows that in January 1994, FSP participation rates remained at or near their highest point since the beginning of the series in 1985. Between January 1992 and January 1994, the FSP participation rate for eligible households held steady at 69 percent, and the participation rate among eligible persons decreased slightly from 74 percent to 71 percent. Participating households received 81 percent of total potential food stamp benefits in January 1994, compared to 82 percent in January 1992.
- U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Food and Consumer Service, Office of Analysis and Evaluation
- USDA publications