Jump to Main Content
School nutrition dietary assessment study-II : final report
- Fox, Mary Kay., McKinney, Patricia., Abt Associates, and United States Food and Nutrition Service. Office of Analysis, Nutrition, and Evaluation.
- Nutrition assistance program report series 2001
- National school lunch program -- Evaluation, School breakfast programs -- United States -- Evaluation, School children -- Food -- United States, Children -- United States -- Nutrition, child nutrition, National School Lunch Program, National School Breakfast Program, and United States
- As a result of findings from the first study, published in 1993, the USDA developed the School Meals for Healthy Children Initiative to address the fact that school meals were not (nor were they then required to be) consistent with goals for fat and saturated fat intake as specified in the Dietary guidelines for Americans. This current study examines the progress being made under the initiative which includes assisting food service personnel in preparing nutritious and appealing meals through the National School Lunch Program and the School Breakfast Program.
- U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service
- USDA publications