Jump to Main Content
School nutrition dietary assessment study-II : final report
- Fox, Mary Kay., McKinney, Patricia., Abt Associates, United States, Food and Nutrition Service., and Office of Analysis, Nutrition, and Evaluation.
- National school lunch program, Evaluation, School breakfast programs, School children, Food, Children, Nutrition, child nutrition, National School Lunch Program, and National School Breakfast Program
- As a result of findings from the first study, published in 1993, the USDA developed the School Meals for Healthy Children Initiative to address the fact that school meals were not (nor were they then required to be) consistent with goals for fat and saturated fat intake as specified in the Dietary guidelines for Americans. This current study examines the progress being made under the initiative which includes assisting food service personnel in preparing nutritious and appealing meals through the National School Lunch Program and the School Breakfast Program.
- U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service
- Nutrition assistance program report series
- USDA publications
- Permanent URL: