Jump to Main Content
The prevalence of overweight among WIC children
- Cole, Nancy. and United States Food and Nutrition Service. Office of Analysis and Evaluation.
- Nutrition assistance program report series 2001
- Special Supplemental Food Program for Women, Infants, and Children (U.S.), Overweight children -- United States, Children -- United States -- Nutrition, WIC Program, children, obesity, and United States
- This study examines the trends in the prevalence of overweight among WIC children during the 1990s. The study is based on data collected by the biennial WIC Participant and Program Characteristics Studies (1992, 1994, 1996, and 1998). Overweight prevalence among WIC children is measured according to the revised growth charts, released by the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) in May 2000.
- USDA, Food and Nutrition Service, Office of Analysis, Nutrition and Evaluation
- USDA publications