Jump to Main Content
Good sources of nutrients
- Hogbin, Myrtle, Fulton, Lois, and United States Department of Agriculture Nutrition Monitoring Division
- Nutrition, Diet, and Food -- Composition
- Abstract: This report discusses foods which are good sources of nutrients and dietary fiber. Lists of sources of 16 vitamins and minerals provide a current and easy-to-use reference for nutrition and health professionals and educators for assessing the nutritional quality of foods and developing guidance materials for consumers. These lists were prepared using the USDA nutrient data base. In this report a food is considered a good source of a nutrient if it contains a substantial amount of the nutrient compared to its caloric content.
- 47 p. ; 28 cm.
- U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Human Nutrition Information Service, Nutrition Monitoring Div.
- Historical Dietary Guidance Digital Collection