Jump to Main Content
Nutrition in action : a creative dramatics nutrition minicourse for grades four - six
- Mancinelli, Angela, Connecticut Nutrition Education and Training Program, and United States Food and Nutrition Service
- Nutrition -- Study and teaching (Elementary) -- Connecticut, educational materials, nutrition, protein requirement, ascorbic acid, and iron
- Abstract: "Nutrition in Action" is a creative dramatic nutrition minicourse for elementary school children, grades 4 to 6. The program consists of ten 30-45 minute lessons designed for use in the science and health curriculums. It provides an introduction to body function as they pertain to eating and nutrient utilization. The major topics covered in the program include: the food sources and functions of protein, iron, and vitamin C; and the importance of breakfast. Knowledge-retention tests are included in the program. (lsp)
- 1 portfolio : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Dept. of Nutritional Sciences, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, University of Connecticut
- Historical Dietary Guidance Digital Collection