Jump to Main Content
What shall I feed my baby? : a month-by-month guide. --
- Purdue University
- Other US
- Physical fitness, Nutritional aspects, Nutrition, Study and teaching, day care centers, infant feeding, breast feeding, breast milk, infant foods, postnatal development, educational materials, guidelines, adolescents, obesity, nutrition education, meal planning, and exercise
- Abstract: Methods, techniques and recommendations for infant feeding in the first 12 months are offered. Breastfeeding information covers advantages, maternal nutritional needs, feeding techniques and tips on making breastfeeding easier. Bottlefeeding guidelines and directions for formula preparation (single or multiple bottles) are included. Charts allow plotting of baby's growth and comparison to standard growth curves. A month by month feeding guide describes amounts, frequency and types of foods to add. Twelve blank calendars with developmental information are provided for notation of baby's progress. Introduction of solid foods, transition to table foods and development of good food habits are described. (aj)
- 50 p. : ill. ; 14 x 22 cm.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service and For sale by the Supt. of Docs, U.S. G.P.O.
- Program aid (United States. Department of Agriculture) ; no. 1281
- Historical Dietary Guidance Digital Collection
- Permanent URL: