Jump to Main Content
Get the facts : sodium reduction tips
- National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (U.S.) Division for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention
- Food -- Sodium content
- Buy fresh, frozen (no sauce), or no-salt- added canned vegetables. Use fresh poultry, fish, pork, and lean meat, rather than canned or processed meats. When available, buy low-sodium, lower- sodium, reduced-sodium, or no-salt-added versions of products. Limit sauces, mixes, and "instant" products, including flavored rice and ready-made pasta. Compare Nutrition Facts labels on food packages for percent Daily Value or amount of sodium in milligrams.
- 1 online resource (1 page) : color illustrations
- National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention
- Historical Dietary Guidance Digital Collection