Jump to Main Content
Tips for using the food guide pyramid for young children 2 to 6 years old
- Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion (U.S.)
- Children -- Nutrition -- Handbooks, manuals, etc., Food habits -- Handbooks, manuals, etc., and Children -- Nutrition -- Psychological aspects -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- The representation of the food guide pyramid included with this booklet has been adapted for young children as follows: foods are drawn in a realistic style; foods are those commonly eaten by 2- to 6-year old children; foods are in single serving portions when possible; the food groups have shorter names; the number of servings for food groups is a single number rather than a range. The booklet contains healthy eating tips, information on serving sizes, ideas for nutritious snacks, etc.
- 16 p. : col. ill. ; 28 cm. + 1 wall chart + 1 daily guide.
- U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Center For Nutrition Policy and Promotion
- Historical Dietary Guidance Digital Collection